Agenda for Change
Women and girls do not enjoy the same status, power or access to and control over resources as men and boys and the benefits and costs of science and technology are not equally shared by women and men. Practical Action is working to improve women and girls’ voice, choice and control in all of the work we deliver.
Practical Action is committed to:
- ensuring equitable access to technology for all women and men,
- advancing gender equality
- improving monitoring and evaluation to better understand and target gender issues in our work
We will deliver this through our programmes, knowledge sharing, advocacy and communications. We partner with other organisations, institutions and civil society to collaboratively share learning, knowledge, best practice and deliver inclusive projects.
We are working to ensure that all our project and programme monitoring and evaluations disaggregate indicators by gender and evaluate gender issues in all of our work. And we are working to greater understanding of the different technological needs of women and men through implementation of special projects and activities.
Goals for Policy and Practice
- challenging the existing situation, where appropriate, by promoting policies and institutions that recognise the differing practical and strategic needs
- supporting approaches to ensure the voices of marginalised groups, including women, are heard in policy and regulatory or institutional debates
- Informing the practice of others in our key goal areas to promote the inclusion and empowerment of women, men, girls and boys and addressing the differentiated needs of each